The question “What is outsourcing” has a very simple answer. In essence, it is the process of sending out or contracting business processes to be done by other companies, outside agencies, or a trustworthy virtual help or a virtual assistant. This can be a result of various reasons: cost-cutting, lower labor costs, improved quality of service due to the third party’s expertise, and expansion of business contacts.
As businesses grow and expand, it often becomes quite a struggle to focus people and resources on core activities. This is because non-core activities often become quite complex as an enterprise grows. It often demands more personnel and resources than before. Because of this, more and more companies are sending out non-core functions to contractors. These people specialize in certain tasks that are essential to the business but do not have to work on-site.
Perks of Having a Virtual Help or an Assistant
Most businesses prefer hiring a virtual assistant rather than outsource a bulk of their operations to outside agencies. Through proper scheduling and delegation of tasks, many virtual assistants are able to carry on tasks that would have otherwise required several hands to finish. That’s one of the perks of having virtual help. You get the utmost value for your money. And since only one person works on several tasks, the uniformity is quite evident.
However, the question remains, “What can a virtual assistant do for you and your business?”
Here are possible answers to that:
- A virtual assistant (VA) can effectively handle the task of promoting your business. They can help you with social media management (SMM). Since more and more people tether their social media accounts, the possibility of increasing your clientele becomes easier. Well, thanks to the efforts of your VA.
- Many VAs are well-versed in web design and are SEO experts at the same time. That is like hitting two birds with one stone. Your VA can help you create and prepare your website and work to make sure that it comes up in the search engine results.
- If you chanced upon a VA who has the talent for flawless writing, then you have a gem in your hands. You can delegate the task of creating much-needed web content that’s professionally written. Some VAs are also adept at researching, proofreading, and editing their own works. Thereby, you can produce read-worthy articles relevant/related to your business.
- Some VAs have experience in bookkeeping, accounting, and event planning. Hence, if you need to straighten out your business’ finances, you know where to turn to. You can even rely on your VA to help you secure travel and hotel bookings in case you need to be away for business or schedule your appointments, manage your calendar, and many others.
- It is not a necessity to rent office space for your VA since he/she can work from his/her home as an independent contractor. You get to save on overhead expenses for your business.
There is more reason why hiring a virtual assistant for your business is a good thing. Hiring a virtual help takes away unnecessary stress and burden from your shoulder, letting you concentrate on other more important aspects of your business.
Hire a virtual assistant today, contact us!